Dubai: Police are warning football fans in the UAE about the hefty penalties for carrying white weapons, which can lead up to Dh30,000 in fines and three months in jail.
In a video posted by Dubai Police on their official Facebook account, authorities warn football fans against carrying white weapons, such as swords, daggers, sticks, and batons.
According to Article 18, of Law No. 8, 2014 concerning the Security of Sports Facilities and Events, “any person who breaches [the law] shall be sentenced to an imprisonment term of one month at least to three months maximum, and/or a fine of Dh5,000 minimum to Dh30,000 maximum.”
The Fifa Club World Cup is currently taking place at Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi and the Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium in Al Ain, featuring the world’s best football clubs from six continents.
The Club World Cup runs from December 6-16, and will see the world’s top clubs, including Uefa Champions League winners Real Madrid of Spain, Concacaf Champions Pachuca of Mexico, Caf Champions League winners Wydad Casablanca, OFC Champions League winners Auckland City, and Arabian Gulf League champions Al Jazira of the UAE.
The 14th edition FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2017 is #InAbuDhabi at Zayed Sports City & Al Ain’s Hazza Bin Zayed from Dec 6-16. Grab your tickets now! https://t.co/Ik7V6jfVJd pic.twitter.com/RuAPyuU0Nz— فعاليات أبوظبي (@AbuDhabiEvents) December 5, 2017
In late 2015, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, issued Cabinet Resolution (31) of 2015 the Executive Regulations of Federal Law No (8) of 2014, concerning the Security of Sports Facilities and Events
Federal Law No. 8 of 2014
The Sports Audience shall comply with the following:
- They shall not enter onto the playground itself or the special area of the Sports Event without permission.
- They shall not take with them or acquire any prohibited or dangerous substances particularly fireworks to the Sports Facility or to the place where the Sports Event is conducted. The Executive Regulations shall define the types and nature of such substances.
- They shall not breach the conditions governing carrying or acquiring weapons in the Sports Facility or during conducting the Sports Event. Such conditions shall be issued by a decision the Minister makes.
- They shall not commit, participate in, instigate or attempt to commit acts of violence.
- They shall not throw any substances or liquids of any type towards any other audience fan or towards the area surrounding the playground or the playground itself.
- They shall not utter or write any insulting language or make any gestures that would be insulting or make any statements of racial nature during conducting the Sports Event.
- They shall sit in the allocated spaces.
- They shall not use the playground for political purposes.