The overall responsibility of the Vice Principal is to assist the Principal in the management of the school. The actions of the position must always be aligned with our mission, vision, and core values of the school. Together the Principal and Vice Principal(s) form the senior academic team of the school and must work in tandem to fulfill the aims and objectives of the school. The Vice Principal may be required to deputize for the Principal in their absence in all matters organizational/administrative and in relation to discipline within the school when formally notified. The Vice Principal must work in conjunction with/under the direction of the Principal and reports directly to them.
• Growth Mindset
• Mission Focused
• Driven towards Excellence
• Relationship Builder
• Organized & Planned
• Constant Learner
The Vice Principal is an instructional and strategic leader responsible for the following:
• Ensuring that a comprehensive curriculum is documented and inclusive of Scope and Sequences, Unit Plan, Standards Checklists, Lesson Plans and Assessment.
o Ensure all curriculum documents are accurate, comprehensive and stored on designated database or curricular program.
o Develop three-year plan for curriculum review.
• Oversee the Middle Level Leaders (Head of Departments) to create and implement comprehensive Action Plan to increase student achievement.
o Professional development to enhance skills of Middle Level Leaders to monitor departmental teachers.
• The position requires monitoring teacher performance to ensure students demonstrate significant and measurable results in line with curriculum standards.
• Responsible for the formal observations of numerous staff members, and informal observations and analyzing trend data of instruction with Senior Academic Team.
• Work with the Principal and Director of Teaching and Learning to deliver professional development to staff.
• Serve as test coordinator for state and local testing.
• Propose Action Plan to improve academics across all phases/subject specific to external assessments (MAP, PISA, TIMSS).
• Any other duties as reasonably required by the Principal, including an appropriate amount of classroom teaching.
• Collaborate with School Leadership Team to continuously improve personal practice, classroom instruction, assessment, and student achievement, as well as the overall goals and mission of the school.
• Maintain knowledge of State of California curriculum and be abreast of changes or developments as they relate to the curriculum.
• Access meaningful learning experiences (current theory, research, and developments in relevant academic disciplines, professional development opportunities, and ideas from colleagues and supervisors) and exercise judgment in accepting findings as valid for application in leadership and teacher improvement.
• Use feedback to inform and update Professional Development Plan in conjunction with the Senior Academic.
• Fulfill all outlined and related functions professionally and thoroughly.
• Reflect critically upon instructional leadership experience, identify areas for further professional development as part of a professional development plan that is linked to school and network goals, access meaningful learning experiences, and listen thoughtfully to other viewpoints and respond constructively to suggestions and criticisms.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|