UAE says civilian flight paths will not change after Qatar fighter jet incident

UAE says civilian flight paths will not change, a day after Qatari fighter jets flew dangerously close to its flights

Dubai: The UAE will not change its civilian flight paths, the  Chairman of the Federal Civil Aviation Authority said on Tuesday, a day after the Qatari fighter jets flew dangerously close to two of UAE’s civilian planes.


Asked if any changes would be made to civilian routes, Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri told Reuters: “We have no plans at the present time.”

The UAE called the incident  a “provocative action”, and said it had already reported two similar events to the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), the United Nations’ aviation agency.

Speaking on the sidelines of a conference in Dubai, Mansouri said the UAE would now complain to the ICAO again

0

Share This Post