TITLE: Technical Assistant- Aviation Workshop
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manager- Aviation Training
DEPARTMENT: School of Aviation
FUNCTION: Support the daily operations of the Aviation Workshop/ Hangar.
1. Carry out all directions of the Manager- Aviation Training, with regard to student practical activities in the workshop/ hangar.
2. Assist with daily operations of workshop/ hangar in general on a full time basis.
3. To assist in the smooth running of the workshop/ hangar, with regards to its logistical needs in material preparation, storage and ordering of materials.
4. To ensure that health and safety procedure is practiced and enforced and reported to the workshop/ hangar supervisor in this regard.
5. Ensure that the workshop/ hangar are organized and prepared for the following day’s requirements, i.e. work is stored properly, equipment is left in a safe condition etc.
6. Assist and maintain an inventory of all tools and equipment.
7. Assist in the upkeep of registers and log books as required by OH&S.
8. Record, issue and receive tools from/ to students.
9. Prepare raw materials for student projects (cutting to rough size).
10. Assist instructors during practical classes/ assessments.
11. Carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance, under supervision of the workshop supervisor, on tools & equipment to comply with OH&S so that is it is safe to sue and is in proper operating condition.
12. Liaise with instructors to ensure 100% availability of tools and consumables during all classes.
13. Design and fabricate equipment and teaching aids where appropriate with the assistance of instructors.
14. Oversee cleaning of the workshop facility on a daily basis.
15. Follow the college rules and regulations.
16. Responsible for providing quality support towards Manager- Aviation Training.
17. Perform any other practical/ theoretical training related duties, as required by the Manager- Aviation Training.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: To ensure that duties are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General direction is provided by the Manager- Aviation Training.
|Job Location:||Hawali, Kuwait|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|