People Dynamics has been engaged to help our end client identify a Superintendent – Production to join them in their operations in Doha. I am writing to check if you would be interested to pursue this opportunity.
Some of the role related details are given below for your easy reference.
• Position: Superintendent – Production (Exp in Shipyard ( Naval Vessels ))
• Client – 50 + years old Maritime & Logistic (established in 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1)
• Location: Doha, Qatar.
• Salary: Attractive Salary with Benefits.
Supervise Shipyard projects that include a wide range of cost effective services such as dry docking, maintenance and repairs, steel fabrications, mechanical repairs, machining and electrical works.
To manage proactively project risks, resources and issues defined.
To be responsible for the success of the assigned Shipyard projects with respect of time, scope and budget in compliance with the Project Planning Policy.
– Strong Project management practices and techniques
– Strong knowledge of general repair, outfitting and fabrication operations and services
– Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering, hull coatings and steel repairs
– Strong knowledge of related health, safety, security and environmental regulations
– Good knowledge of Quality Management Systems, such as ISO 9001
Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or marine or any related field
Professional Experience 6 – 8 years in Project Management
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Assist in developing Project Plans, manage project team performances and make sure the project is delivered in budget, on schedule, and within scope;
• Implement Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of Shipyard projects to help organize and manage the total work scope of the project;
• Develop or update project plans for Shipyard projects including information such as project objectives, analyze schedule information providing progress and forecasts to management; identify variances to project plan that may need immediate management attention;
• Ensure project execution is within budget and schedule of the project scope and ensure compliance with corporate standards and guideline;
• Prepare project status reports by collecting and analyzing information and trends. Provide continuous updates to the project status and communicate deviations from project plan; Assist in the implementation of departmental processes to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements
• Implement and actively enforce compliance to work processes to ensure the health and safety of employees and the protection of the environment.
• Execute a project communication plan in order to assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel;
• Follow implementation plans in order to measure the outcomes and monitor the implementations effectively;
• Monitor and analyze ship yard’s objectives and initiatives in order to formulate strategies or suggest changes or improvements to current business plans, policies, and procedures;
• Provide recommendations on new hires and ensure the availability of all resources required to perform assigned tasks and activities;
• Supervise the business unit staff, assign work activities, monitor performance and review results;
• Act as a coach to subordinates, identify their training and career development, recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism;
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Marine Services|