The SEN Class caters for up to 10 children, aged 3 to 7 years of age, with additional learning needs including ASD, emotional and physical needs. Each child in the class receives both speech therapy and OT in the school. The ultimate aim of the SEN class is that each child will be mainstreamed after an appropriate length of time.
● To be able to teach in an inspiring, and inclusive way, enabling independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible.
● To be able to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school community.
● To be able to use initiative, be flexible and positive.
Key duties include:
– Delivery of our amazing learning policy.
– Sharing planning and resources, ensuring effective communication and directing the work of others, as appropriate.
– Carrying out the role of a subject leader, planning and leading extra-curricular activities, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the development and further improvement of the school community.
– To comply with our agreed policies, including the professional code of conduct, teacher standards, and ICT acceptable use policy.
– To actively engage with our school community e.g. through newsletters, informal dialogue, reporting, supporting school functions and contributing to community activities.
– To actively participate in the performance management process of self and others.
Support provided includes:
Weekly team meetings with the department to share good practice and planning for the coming week.
Weekly training to support areas of school development.
Line management and performance management.
Looking for learning observations and feedback
Induction programme based on job description- weekly review with line manager on progress towards achieving key duties.
The successful candidate will offer the very best teaching and learning to our pupils, ensure they achieve the excellent outcomes they deserve by creating outstanding lessons for individuals and small groups, ensuring a person centered approach that is functional and relevant to the curriculum, and will work closely with the children’s parents and therapists.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|