Role and Responsibilities:
The Sous Chef responsible in assisting the Head Chef to manage and lead the production team in producing the finest dishes across all sections of the kitchen, and control all aspects of the respective kitchen.
- To manage the kitchen team to produce high quality dishes consistently – monitors production and presentation in his outlet to meet agreed set standards at all times.
- Ensures a positive & professional working environment throughout the kitchens and influence culinary members through demonstrating technical skills, sharing knowledge and upholding all restaurant standards.
- Trains and develops junior kitchen staff to operate in line with the required standards as established by the restaurant and the Head Chef.
- Ensure that agreed food hygiene, licensing and safety standards are communicated, upheld or surpassed, at all times.
- Assists the head chef in the planning of activities, promotions, menu implementations according to the annual plans.
- Creates and develops new dishes and recipes together with the Head Chef by keeping up with the latest market trends.
- Ensure disciplinary and grievance procedures are properly adhere to, following company policy and recorded accordingly.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action to resolves customer issues
- Ensure kitchen is set up and closed according to Standard Operating Procedures, including correct storage of all foods and meeting HACCP Standards.
- Conduct weekly inspections and walk through of all kitchens, monitoring maintenance and ensuring good working order of operating equipment.
- Report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to direct supervisors.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Wholesale & Import/Export Trade|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|