Our client is an integrated provider of shipping, logistics and marine-related services. With their global head office in Dubai – UAE, they employ over 9,000 professionals, operate 300 offices in more than 50 countries and work with trusted partners to cover over 1,000 locations worldwide.
In Oman they operate from 4 field offices (Sur, Duqm, Salalah, Sohar) and 1 corporate office in Muscat. They hold a portfolio of shipping, logistics and specialized services that meets the needs of the oil & gas,
construction, FMCG, automotive and events sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
They are looking to hire an experienced and mature Shipping Operations Coordinator at their Duqm office. This role will be responsible to coordinate with principals, vessel masters, operations staff, cargo receivers and suppliers to ensure a smooth turnaround of the vessel. It is an individual role in which communication and administration plays an important role.
· Ensure timely, accurate and effective management of services & supplies to the vessels as required by vessels/owners;
· Coordinate effectively with port operations staff to ensure a smooth delivery of services and handling of vessel operations;
· Communicate with principals effectively, providing timely and accurate reports to assist in future voyage planning;
· Maintain all communication and all relevant documents related to a port call as per work process;
· Input port call data in system in a timely and accurate manner to ensure up to date information in real time;
· Serve as a role model in upholding Code of ethics and Sprit as it is in the best interest of the company and the Group;
· Any other duties requested or delegated by manager to ensure the service level of the company is maintained.
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Marine Transport Services|
|Monthly Salary:||US $2,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|