Media Operations, a department within Communications, is responsible for providing all the services and facilities the accredited media need to do their jobs, both when on the Expo site and when working remotely. This includes all the planning and preparation in advance of the Event.
Reporting to the Director of Media Operations, the Senior Editor, Media Information System, will be responsible for managing the online Media Information System and lead the upload of Expo news coverage to accredited media via the online platform.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
– Oversee the delivery of news content onto the Media Information System to enhance media coverage of Expo 2020;
– Work with the Communications team to identify suitable stories and headline ideas, suitable for upload onto the Media Information System, to increase media engagement;
– Manage the editing of all published content for online uploads, ensuring editorial and journalistic standards are applied across all output (in conjunction with Press Office);
– Contribute to the development of the online platform;
– Manage the upload and distribution of text, audio and video files from interviews and media conferences as well as feeds captured by the Media Operations TV crew and Host Broadcaster online;
– Integrate with the Media Services team to ensure all media conferences and briefings are promoted in advance to maximise attendance;
– Integrate with the overall media operational planning.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|