Saudi denies any links to Iran parade attack

Kingdom ‘completely rejects deplorable false accusations’ by Iranian officials

Riyadh – Saudi Arabia rejected accusations by Tehran that the kingdom was behind last week’s deadly attack on a military parade in the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz, state media reported Tuesday.


“The kingdom completely rejects the deplorable false accusations by Iranian officials regarding the kingdom’s support for the incidents that occurred in Iran,” a foreign ministry official said, quoted by the Saudi Press Agency.

“The kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s policy is clear regarding its non-interference in the domestic affairs of other countries,” he said.

On Monday, Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei charged that gunmen who killed 24 people at the military parade were funded by Gulf states.

0

Share This Post