The Spinneys Dubai 92 Cycle Challenge will affect roads in Umm Suqeim, Remraam, Jumeirah Heights and Motor City
The Spinneys Dubai 92 Cycle Challenge is now in its eighth year and attracts cycling enthusiasts from all over the world.
Dubai: The weather may be turbulent in Dubai on Friday, but that’s not going to stop sports enthusiasts from taking part in one of the most popular events on the calendar.
Residents in Dubai can expect a number of road closures on December 15 for the Spinneys Dubai 92 Cycle Challenge, which kicks off at 6am.
The roads will be cordoned off by Dubai Police and access will be intermittent, according to organisers.
However, roads will be open to traffic once the cyclists make their way through.
The cycle challenge includes two distances – 53km and 92km – and participants have been advised to cycle at an average speed of 26km per hour and above in order to make the cut off points, and be able to complete the 92km route.
Please check which roads may affect you, and allow extra time for your journey.
Motor City towards Remraam:
- Disruptions from 6am until 7.20am
Remraam towards Studio City:
- Disruptions from 6.12am until 8:20am. For exit, please use Emirates Road
Umm Suqeim Street towards Al Khail Road and Town Square:
- Disruption from 6.15am until 7.40am
Dubai Cycle Course towards Mira:
- Disruptions from 6.20am until 8am. For exit, please use Emirates Road
Umm Suqeim towards, Sustainable City, Arabian Ranches 2 and Casa Arabian Ranches:
- Disruptions from 6.20am until 8.15am. Intermittent releases. Please use Emirate Road exit
Hessa Street towards Motor City:
- Disruptions from 6.15am until 8.20am with limited road access.
Hessa Street towards Motor City and Al Barsha 3:
- Road closure from 7am until 8.35am. There will be no access. Please use Umm Suqeim Street
Al Barsha 3, Hessa Street towards Al Asayel Street and Garn Al Sabkha Street passing through Springs and Jumeirah Heights:
- Disruptions from 7.15am until 8.45am
Garn Al Sabkha Street towards Al Worood Street:
- Disruptions from 7.20am until 9am
Al Worood Street towards First Al Khail Street and Al Khamilla Road:
- Disruptions from 7.25am until 9.15am
Al Khamilla Street towards First Al Khail Street and Garn Al Sabkha Street:
- Disruptions from 7.30am until 9.30am. Please use Shaikh Zayed Road
Garn Al Sabkha Street towards Al Asayel Street:
- Disruptions from 7.35am until 9.45am
Garn Al Sabkha Street towards Al Asayel Street and Hessa Street:
- Disruptions from 7.40am until 10am. Please use Al Worood 2 Street and Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road
Hessa Street – Al Barsha 3 – towards Motor City:
- Disruptions from 7.40am until 10.40am
Motor City towards Dubai Autodrome:
- Disruptions from 7.45am until 10.55am
Mira, Sport City, Arabian Ranches, Town Square roads will be clear by 8.20am
Jumeirah Village Circle please use Al Khail Exits