Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position
Provides direction and management for investment projects, light industry projects and commercial & residential projects which includes coordination, scope management and overall implementation of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Should be familiar with the integration of engineering/technical aspects and construction activities.
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
- Technical Review of Improvement Plans, technical specifications, construction estimates, design calculations for compliance with approved design criteria and good civil engineering practice.
- Provides support for Construction in answering and resolving technical design issues, clarification and interpretation of the design drawings, coordination with other sections.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to Management on all aspects of Civil Engineering and needed improvements or design changes.
- Prepare written memorandums, technical reports and correspondence on Civil Engineering issues. Prepare and give engineering presentations on ‘Civil Engineering issues.
- Prepare conceptual utility and site designs, layouts and coordinate with other engineering sections, prepares alternative solutions to issues and problems.
- Prepare and review of cost estimates and material quantities.
- Review Contractor’s design submittals, specifications, and calculations submittals.
- Perform field inspections and provides field support during construction.
- Review vendor/shop drawings and construction material submittals.
- Assist in the preparation of Utility (Sewer, Water, Storm drain) master planning in the creating of capital improvement projects and verifying capacity of the existing utility systems and establishing new.
- Has knowledge and experience of good civil design practices, common international design standards and codes in the design of sewer, water, drainage utilities, roads, earthwork, grading, drainage, site design, Has knowledge and experience in the design of residential subdivisions, commercial and industrial site design, ASHTO street and highway design, and fundamental surveying practices.
- Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, consultant and contractor selection, design proposals and construction bid evaluations, and coordination during construction bidding.
|Job Location:||Yanbu, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Civil Engineering|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|