What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our offices located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Leads and mentors a design group and is responsible for large scale projects from bidding to delivery.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Lead, this team member contributes to the development of the company by supporting the Directors in the progressive evolution of SSH’s design philosophy, research activities and technical development.
- Engineering Design
- Team Leading
- Client Interface
- Resource Planning
- Performance Evaluation
- Design Management
- Design Coordination
- Interface with Statutory Authorities
- Design Research
- Design Reviews
- Site back-up
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Discipline Lead with operational responsibilities
- Contribute to preparation of bids
- Lead the design team throughout the design stages
- Responsible for key design input at early design phases and for general design leadership during the course of the project
- Contribute from the onset of a project, to the design of innovative and progressive design solutions that reconcile SSH and client’s goals and priorities while fostering opportunities for design excellence
- Make appropriate value judgements with respect to corrective work that supports the design concept and performance goals of the project
- To perform and direct material and building systems research and participate in the coordination and preparation of project specifications
- Set an example of leadership among team leaders
- Participate in marketing and business development.
- Act as the client’s point of contact for design related issues
- Act as the project’s design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities
- Conduct performance evaluation reviews to subordinate (junior) team members
- Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider engineering community
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|