- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, accreditation requirements, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture, techniques using standard equipment to include vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
- Collects blood specimens in appropriate tube for analysis and labels them appropriately.
- Confer with patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation.
- Utilize standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; record appropriate collection information on proper requisitions.
- Prepare, process, label and store patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment, for subsequent analysis by clinical laboratory staff.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; reorder as required; stock supplies on carts and hand trays.
- Instructs the patients for appropriate collection of blood, urine, stool and sputum specimens including special instructions in cases needing fasting, 24-hour collections, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, orderly and clean workbench.
- Requests and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service training programs.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Medical Hospital|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|