The College of the North Atlantic – Qatar is inviting nominations and applications for the position of Instructor, Communication in the Language and Academic Preparatory Studies. Reporting to the Dean, the Instructor, Communication must be a proven leader with the skills and expertise necessary to support the school of Language and Academic Preparatory Studies in fully implementing the College’s mission and vision.
College of the North Atlantic – Qatar Profile:
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 2,600 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 30 diploma programs through student-centred learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Since opening in 2002, CNA-Q has over 5,000 graduates who are proudly contributing to Qatar’s knowledge-based economy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will support the programs by planning, organizing, and teaching service courses in a manner that encourages applied student learning and development and is consistent with the college’s strategic mission and Technical Vocational Educational and Teaching (TVET) principles. The incumbent is also responsible to prepare and deliver syllabi, lesson plans and assessments to encourage student involvement in alignment with School curriculum requirements and changing industry knowledge.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of teaching and industry experience, and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Instructor, Communication at the College of the North Atlantic – Qatar. The Instructor, Communication, reports to the Dean and is responsible to support the Language and Academic Preparatory Studies in the following areas:
- Plan and organize instruction to maximize student development and retention, employing a variety of teaching and development strategies, and making modifications to meet diverse student needs.
- Maintain course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development / improvement plans.
- Maintain an active course outline using the college LMS (D2L) during the delivery of the course to enhance student learning.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance and provide prompt feedback, recording grades and attendance within established deadlines.
- Learn, use and recommend technologies and resources to enhance communications, math and/or science development and educational experiences for students.
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the discipline area by contextualizing learning assignments with industry and maintaining membership in professional organizations.
- Oversee the work of Teaching Assistants to ensure laboratory equipment is appropriately prepared for instructional delivery and appropriate supplies and instructional resources are available for lessons and demonstrations.
- Act as a departmental and subject matter expert through curriculum development activities and participation on College, departmental and program committees as assigned to ensure course and program content matches changing College and industry need requirements.
- Liaise with colleagues, Schools and employers to engage in continuous teaching, learning and industry development to enhance the scope of student learning.
- Attend faculty, staff, course and program meetings and participate in initiatives to monitor and enhance student learning development.
- Provide substitution for colleagues in case of an absence to maintain little to no interruption in student learning.
- Deliver course program content and materials to meet stated objectives, as assigned by college leadership in fields where the instructor is qualified.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|