Responsible for supervising and directing nursing practice within their unit. Holds accountability for maintenance of standards within designated unit. Responsible for enhancing the patient experience by providing patient centered care, coordinating the patient journey and ensuring patient/family involvement. Providing effective management and leadership by acting as a role model; developing team performance; managing the unit environment; utilizing resources effectively. Contributes to the delivery of the organization’s objectives by; continuous quality improvement; service improvement, development and modernization; staff management
- Is knowledgeable of patient rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all patients and staff in a safe, secure environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data related to patients, and hospital operations.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Monitors staff compliance with mandatory education requirements.
- Maintains comprehensive performance records on all assigned staff.
- Investigates patient’s reported complaints, problems and concerns and provides feedback to Nursing/hospital administration. Implements any changes required in relation to complaints.
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Plans adequate staffing cover for the unit as per recommended nurse-patient ratios and the unit scope of service and provides a balanced schedule.
- Plans staff annual leave absences judiciously to ensure equity and fairness for all staff without compromising operational requirements
- Provides all reports, statistics and other information requested by nursing and hospital administration by identified deadlines ensuring reports, statistics and information are accurate.
- Coaches, mentors, counsels and disciplines staff as required.
- Monitors performance of new employees, ensuring all deadlines for completion of orientation, orientation checklists and competencies have been met. Develops performance improvement plan for any identified deficiencies.
- Promotes a culture of continuous quality improvement through the use of audit, FOCUS –PDCA projects and patient feedback.
- Performs any audits requested by administration and provides accurate data. Discusses audit results with staff and develops action plans when less than acceptable results are achieved.
- Implements effective admission/discharge planning in conjunction with admissions staff and discharge planning staff
- Ensures effective communication within the unit/department between nursing staff, patient, and/or significant others along with all Medical and Allied health care personnel.
- Ensures all directives from senior management are communicated to unit staff and monitors compliance after implementation.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|