The incumbent will be responsible to assess, diagnose, and treat physical difficulties and disorders resulting from disability, injuries, illness and ageing.
• Assesses clients for the symptoms, medical history, and desired results.
• Evaluates clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body.
• Confers with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful.
• Communicate with clients about what they hope to achieve through massage
• Assesses clients’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
• Interviews clients to determine of an illnesses or medical conditions that they may have which will keep them from taking proper benefit from massage treatments.
• Takes notes regarding each client’s medical history and ensure that appropriate precautions are taken so that the condition is not aggravated.
• Develops and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used Develops patient therapy programs.
• Performs the massage therapy in compliance with PHCC guidelines and policies, to ensure a safe and high quality service provision.
• Performs massage techniques to improve patient mobility, and breathing and relaxation techniques.
• Manipulates muscles and other soft tissues of the body.
• Uses touch to promote general wellness. Use hands, fingers, forearms, and elbows, sometimes feet to knead muscles and soft tissues of the body.
• Follows-up on client’s progress and response to massage programs, to identify needed change.
• Consults with other health care professionals, such as physiotherapists, physicians, and psychologists, to develop treatment plans for clients and confer with them to plan patient care.
• Provides clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening and overall relaxation.
• Provides clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement, and stretching, strengthening and over all relaxation.
• May use lotions and oils, and massage tables or chairs, when treating a client. A massage can be as short as 5–10 minutes or could last more than an hour.
• Massage therapists may suggest personalized treatment plans for their clients, including information about additional relaxation techniques to practice between sessions.
• Maintains and updates patient’s records and develop patient case notes and reports
• Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by thinking what might go wrong in all undertakings and take necessary measures to prevent them from happening.
• Identify and report potential or actual patient safety concerns, errors and/or near misses in timely manner
• Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols.
• Demonstrate a sense of team work and effective communication.
• Partner with line manager to understand risks in the area of work, develop a plan on how to mitigate those risks, and develop shared accountability for implementing and evaluating the plan.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,500|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Degree:||High school or equivalent|