To conducts inspections, surveys or examinations of marine vessels to assess, monitor and report on their condition. Marine Surveyors also inspect equipment intended for new or existing vessels to ensure compliance with various standards or specifications. Marine surveys typically include the structure, machinery and equipment and general condition of a vessel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Co-ordinate the Marine Survey/inspections following the guidelines as issued by Senior Marine Survey Manager.
• To analyze discrepancies found as per Survey/inspection reports and process for further action.
• Administer database of Surveys/inspections.
• Receive updates to the Laws, Conventions, Protocols and Recommendations from The International Marine Organization (IMO), Regional agreements; State Laws and Bye-Laws.
• Oversees all document control activities for the Marine Survey Department to ensure that all policies and requirements for document control are adhered to.
• On a daily basis, consult with the Senior Marine Survey Manager on the plan and carry the Survey/inspection.
Required to identify acts or procedures in situations where the Marine Survey department, company’s assets or safety standards could be compromised and react according to determined lines of authority.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Marine Services; Industrial|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|