To plan and manage the maintenance activities (preventive and corrective maintenance) related to plants, ETSs and PDNs within a specific area (TPQ or WB) in order to ensure maintenance is conducted in an effective and efficient manner and minimize the risk of downtime.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage the activities of direct reports to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner, in line with the annual business plans, and policies and procedures.
- Manage the effective achievement of the department’s objectives by setting individual targets, recruiting and developing staff, and conducting and reviewing performance appraisals for direct reports in order to maximize performance.
- Manage the training and development of team members to ensure continuous progression, and a high-level of competence within the team.
- Prepare and recommend the budget for the assigned area of responsibility in alignment to the respective annual business plan and in coordination with the Head of Maintenance and Services.
- Monitor the department’s financial performance against the budget to ensure alignment with set budget guidelines, identify areas of unsatisfactory performance, and recommend performance improvement opportunities.
Maintenance Planning and Management
- Work with the Maintenance Planner, Reliability and Integrity Engineer, and Operations Team on prioritizing maintenance activities in terms of criticality and identifying job estimate in terms of skills required, number of people, tools, cost, etc. in order to ensure that the maintenance plan is aligned with maintenance budget, and organization needs and priorities.
- Ensure that the maintenance plans are placed and updated on the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) in order to provide stakeholders with clarity and visibility on the maintenance schedule.
- Manage the execution and completion of all maintenance activities within TBQ or WB including the scheduling of maintenance activities, conducting the preventive/ corrective maintenance activities, inspecting the maintenance work and following up on open items in order to ensure that plants, ETSs and PDNs are properly maintained in an efficient and effective manner.
- Oversee the equipment and repair parts data entry into the system in order to ensure their availability, track their usage and monitor their movement.
- Provide support and guidance to the maintenance team in regards to equipment repairs and ensure that all equipment information and repair history are maintained accurately in order to ensure smooth operations.
- Support in overseeing the procurement of maintenance related items in order to ensure enough stock is available and that the maintenance activity is conducted as per schedule.
- Respond to emergencies at any given time and support in the investigation process to identify root causes in order to resolve the issue and prevent it from reoccurring in the future.
- Support the preparation and implementation of maintenance improvement projects for plants, ETSs and PDNs in order to ensure maintenance activities are optimized in a cost effective manner.
Safety, Quality and Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls across the Maintenance and Services to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Develop and implement the Maintenance policies, systems, processes and procedures in coordination with the Head of Maintenance and Services, and continuously identify and recommend improvements to ensure compliance with Qatar Cool’s standards, align to business requirements, and increase operational effectiveness.
- Ensure that all reports related to the assigned area of responsibility are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the department’s requirements, policies and standards.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|