Responsible for proactively handling and analyzing logistics services, also supports the business with proper provision of services – timely and cost efficient – and assisting the Supply Chain Manager as required.
• Manage the day-to-day operations, managing delivery timetables, interface with Third party logistics Company and report on operational issues.
• Provide, in coordination with the Supply Chain Manager, needed support and advise to internal customers within area of expertise to ensure attainment and maintenance of set logistics practices & standards.
• Ensures efficient service to the business by setting work objectives and schedules specific Logistics operations and /or processes.
• Responsible for delivering and maintaining operational service levels to the Stores through the use of a dedicated Third party logistics company.
• Ensuring the ordering and packaging process are correctly placed with suppliers and monitoring the status of the shipments to ensure on time delivery to the warehouse or the store.
• Ensuring logistics policies and procedures are in adherence to identified legal requirements/regulations.
• Make sure the billing procedures with third party logistics Company respect the budget.
• An ability to work closely with the Third party logistics company to introduce organizational improvements and as a result improve customer service levels and reduce costs
• Work closely with all internal staff members to ensure clear and concise communication between all parties both internally and externally
• Monitors and utilizes KPIs and reports to ensure efficiency.
• Reviews SOPs and KPIs to improve and suggest new alternatives.
• Consistently seeks improvement at both the higher and basic operational level; staff, processes & procedures.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|
|Company Industry:||Retail/Wholesale; FMCG; Sales|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|