• Design and develop new strategies on the station in order to have a better environment.
• Set up station properly and on time for each service period.
• Make sure quality and quantity meets our standard.
• Assist the Chef in developing new products for a la carte and catering menus on a rotating basis.
• Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
• Be able to assist in same day preparation and advance preparation for another station as instructed by the supervisor.
• Assisting the other cooks in the section to perform their duties efficiently
• Be able to come to any and all kitchen meetings whilst on duty or otherwise.
• Attending culinary trainings and recording new recipes and cooking procedures
• Follow clean as you go policy and keep work area clean at all times.
• Proper food rotation – first in – first out
• Ensures spoilage/waste is kept to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
• After service switch off and clean oven tops and work areas as well as surfaces.
• Maintaining kitchen equipment in good shape and following rules of hygiene and sanitation.(HACCP)
• Perform other assigned duties that contribute to the Company’s mission and objectives.
• Train kitchen staff on prep work and food plating techniques.
• Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
• Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area. Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
• Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
• Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs
• Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Collecting food items from stores and preparing the mis-en-place for cooks
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Quality Control|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|