Yas Marina Circuit isn’t just about watching drivers compete on the F1 track. The circuit has several driving experiences that lets users try out some of the top cars, karts and bikes on the famed course.
DriveYas lets users try out different cars on the racing track. Yas Marina’s DriveYas programme offers the following cars for its driving experiences:
Aston Martin GT4 Drive
- Onboard video system.
- Roll cage, fire extinguisher, racing seats and harness.
- Racing brakes
- Six-speed semi-automatic gearbox with F1 style paddle-shift gearshift.
- Pirelli “Slick” Racing tyres.
- Outright Top Speed 280km/h (220km/h on North Corkscrew circuit).
- 430 Brake Horsepower.
- 4.7 litre normally aspirated V8 Engine.
Mercedes-AMG GTS drive
- Outright top speed 310km/h (190mph)
- 0-100 km/h in 3.8 seconds.
- 670 Newton Meters of torque.
- Car weight 1645 kg.
- 7 Speed semi-automatic gearbox with F1 style paddle-shift gearshift.
- 4.0 Litre Twin Turbo V8 Engine.
- 522 Brake Horsepower.
Formula YAS 3000 Drive
- Onboard camera system.
- 250 Brake Horsepower.
- Car weight 650kg.
- “Slick” racing tyres.
- Six-speed Hewland sequential racing gearbox with F1 style paddle-shift gear change.
- 3.0 litre V6 Jaguar Cosworth engine (normally aspirated).
Mercedes AMG GTS Passenger
- Engine specs: 4.0 V8 476hp Biturbo
- Top speed (Allowed on circuit): 235km/h
- Acceleration (km/h): 0-100km/h in 4.0secs
Supersport SST Passenger
- Engine specs: 1.3 litres, four cylinder
- Top speed (Allowed on the circuit): 220km/h
- Acceleration (km/h): 0-100km/h in 2.9secs
Chevrolet Drift Taxi
- Split straight through racing exhaust pipes.
- Drift-spec front aero splitter.
- Rear aero diffuser.
- 0-100Km/h in 4.5 seconds.
- 450 Brake HP.
- 6.2 litre V8.
Aston Martin GT4 Passenger
- Engine specs: 4.7 V8 420hp
- Top speed (Allowed on circuit): 235km/h
- Acceleration (km/h): 0-100km/h in 4.7secs
Mercedes – AMG E63 Drag
- Engine specs:4 litre Twin Turbo V8 Engine with 603 Bhp.
- Top speed (Allowed on circuit): 300km/h
- Acceleration (km/h): 0-100km/h in 3.5secs
Ferrari 458 GT Drive
- Outright Top Speed 325km/h (202MPH).
- Front Splitter and rear wing for extra downforce.
- Brembo racing brakes.
- Seven-speed semi-automatic sequential gearbox.
- Top speed on North Corkscrew Circuit 240km/h.
- 575 Brake Horsepower at 9200RPM.
- Pirelli “slick” racing tyres.
- Racing seats, harness, fire extinguisher, roll cage, intercom and onboard camera system.
- 540 Newton meters of Torque.
- 4.5 litre normally aspirated V8 Engine.
Engine specs: 6.2 V8 455hp
Top speed (Allowed on circuit): 220km/h
Acceleration (km/h): 0-100km/h in 4.0secs
These cars can be an excellent way of getting some of the driving experiences off of a bucket list.
One of the more popular driving experiences, Yas Kartzone takes place on the new 1-kilometre track on which one can race their squad on three configurations to run either in parallel or as a combination. The new track has more rides and more products, like the Kids sessions (5-7 years of age) and Juniors sessions (8-12 years of age), hosting birthday parties and group sessions. Their new timings let visitors enjoy the thrill of racing from 9 a.m. – 12 midnight (Ramadan timings will vary), all days of the week. The Arrive & Drive sessions start from 120AED for Adults, 80 AED for Juniors and 55 AED for Kids. The venue also has new chill-out spots where one can view all the action from the Yas Kartzone Box Park.
Visitors can hit the pavement and test out their drifting skills on the VDA (Vehicle Dynamic Area) or North Circuit. Once the vehicle receives approval, each car can run alone on the track for a total of two minutes at a time. Racing is not permitted. One can have unlimited runs within the four-hour session. A true steal when it comes to driving experiences!
Driving experiences like Yas Drag Racing Night provides access to the NHRA drag strip in a practice-testing format, letting participants go all out with the power of their tuned cars and bikes in a controlled and safe environment. One can bring their car or drag race in their Mercedes-AMG E63.
Yas Track Day Drive
This activity is all about pushing the vehicle to its limits on the advanced Formula 1® circuit, mastering the configurations of this impressive track and getting comfortable with its turns and corners. Ride in the tracks of the best drivers in the world. The full-day and half-day sessions let visitors test their skills and car performance in a controlled and safe environment. Visitors keep coming back for more of such driving experiences.
Bike Track Day Ride
The Bike Track Day lets visitors enjoy the performance of their motorbike in a more controlled, safer, environment and provides them with an opportunity to get coaching and technical tips from qualified instructors for improving their riding technique.
Apart from driving experiences, the track also offers other entertaining hotspots and venues for visitors to the circuit.