• To supervise and manage General Claims Department in a way that complies with the contractual promise to the insured, and achieves the insurer’s profit goal.
• To uphold the company’s ethics, operating policies and conform with the department work instructions.
• Improves business relationships with clients, agents, brokers, and reinsurer’s witnesses.
• Coordinates with local and international loss adjusters.
• Analyses claims and gives feedback to other departments.
• Adjusts reserves and provides reserve recommendations to ensure reserving activities consistent with corporate policies.
• Develops plans for improving the department’s quality services (determining customer expectations, improving services based on customer expectations, developing claim practices to meet customer expectations).
• Develops guidelines for claim handling.
• Measures claim department’s performance (quality and profitability measures)
• Consistently supervises to ensure that claims are investigated, evaluated and resolved promptly and accurately.
• Coaches and trains claims department staff and encourage them for continuing education.
• Forecasts budget for the department.
• Investigates, evaluates and settles claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
• Assists the DCEO (Operations) in recruitment, selection, deployment, training and development of staff in coordination with the concerned department heads.
• Assists the DCEO (Operations) in any other capacity as and when required.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Finance and Investment|
|Company Industry:||Insurance & TPA|