Dubai: A fire damaged an interior design store in Al Qouz 1 area of Dubai shortly before 3pm on Wednesday.
There were no immediate reports of injuries and a woman who identified herself as the owner of the Ministry of Design outlet said all staff were safe.
The woman, who did not give her name, said a suspected short circuit led to the fire at the outlet, located in warehouse 22, opposite Al Quoz Graveyard on Street 4, Community 354.
A number of fire trucks, ambulances, rescue and police vehicles were on the scene. A section of the street was sealed off and traffic was diverted. Residents, onlookers and workers in the vixinity stood near the cordon as emergency services carried out their work.
The fire had been quickly brought under control, witnesses said.
“There was a fire near the false ceiling; we called the emergency services and rushed out. All people are safe. But I may have lost a lot – furniture, paintings, paperwork. I don’t know as I haven’t been allowed back in,” the woman said.