The Finance & Tax Accountant will be primarily responsible for the delivery of tax reporting and compliance requirements in the assigned region. When required, the Finance & Tax Accountant will also provide support with general finance and accountancy functions.
Reporting into the Regional Compliance & Statutory Manager, the primary objective of the Finance & Tax Accountant is to assist with the local tax accounting and tax compliance requirements for Rapid Access.
Key duties will include preparing tax calculations, payments and returns for the assigned region as well as maintaining and reporting accurate accounting records for audit purposes.
The role holder will have in-depth technical tax knowledge and will be able to demonstrate a proven ability to identify and manage tax risks. They will also have an in-depth understanding of financial accounting principles – especially the management of receivables and payables.
- Prepare, record and submit tax entries in the assigned region to the Senior Tax accountant and the Regional Compliance and Statutory Manager
- Prepare tax payments, estimates and track tax returns. Prepare corresponding accounting entries
- Review and analyse financial statements for necessary tax adjustments and prepare quarterly tax reports
- Prepare appropriate documentation to support uncertain tax positions and tax provisions
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision
- Liaise with auditors (internal and external) and VAT consultants
- Ensure the organisation is up to date all local tax legislation. Identify and ensure any non-compliance is reported and properly addressed
Tax Forecasting and Reporting:
- Prepare and review other various annual and quarterly tax reports
- Forecast tax predictions to senior managers
- Assist with regular reporting of tax provisions
- Compile data and perform inquiries relative to the tax provision and tax return processes
Tax Compliance and Audit Management:
- Assist with both external and internal tax audits, including collating and preparing the necessary documentation. Prepare and review responses, and where applicable liaise with external advisors and the tax authority
- Help with improvements regarding the tax accounting and compliance process
- Accumulate, analyse, and process financial accounting data to prepare tax returns, estimated tax payments, forecasts and financial accounting estimates of tax
- Ensure adherence to compliance-related deadlines such as extensions, tax estimate requirements, tax return filings and other tax related services
Process and Administrative Tasks:
- Ensure proper archiving of tax related documents as per the relevant statute of limitations
- Support with ad hoc questions that arise and dealing with tax authority enquiries
- Maintain and update the tax database with information such as supplier and customer details
- Assist with other general accounting such as the processing and recording and processing of accounts payable transactions, invoices and staff expenses;
- When necessary, assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting as well as accounts analysis and reconciliations
|Job Location:||Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Construction & Building|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|