Emirates has made several key management movements across its commercial operations team in the Middle East.
“Market dynamics are constantly evolving in each of our destinations in the Middle East, each with its unique challenges and opportunities,” said Sheikh Majid Al Mualla, divisional senior vice president commercial operations centre.
“These appointments, and the combined commercial expertise and industry knowledge our UAE Nationals brings to each role, will be central to meeting our challenges, and advancing new business development opportunities for the future.”
The changes are as follows:
• Omar Al Banna becomes new country manager for Kuwait. He joined Emirates in 2006 as part of the UAE National Commercial Operations Management Trainee Programme. He most recently held the corporate sales manager role at Emirates UAE Sales, and has also held area manager roles in Ethiopia, Tunis, and Jordan.
• Mohammed Al Nahari Al Hashemi is the new corporate sales manager for Emirates UAE Sales. He has worked for Emirates for the past 12 years, and has previously held country manager roles in Kuwait, Syria and Indonesia, as well as a sales manager role in India.
• Tariq Almutawa is the new country manager Qatar. He has been with Emirates since 2012 and previously held the role of country manager in Bahrain. He has also held commercial manager roles in India and Dubai.
• Omar Alhemeiri, who currently commercial support manager, has been appointed as manager for Bahrain. He previously held the country manager role in Oman and also held commercial support roles in both Uganda and Dubai.
• Saeed Bin Hafez, who is currently manager for Qatar, has been appointed as manager for Oman.
Follow The National’s Business section on Twitter