Provides management and direction for the architectural discipline, or may be assigned to lead a major architectural project.
- Reviews and approves discipline staffing budget estimates and staffing assignment schedules on each project. Maintains appropriate staffing level, including temporary personnel, as needed. Reviews and approves staff forecasting reports.
- If assigned to a major project, manages architectural efforts and coordinates all discipline staffing requirements.
- Monitors the quality and progress of the discipline on each project, ensuring that production requirements are satisfied. Works closely with Project Managers to resolve any existing or forecasted problems related to discipline staffing, quality of work, schedule performance, or productivity.
- Establishes standards and procedures manuals for the discipline. Recommends improvements to department procedures.
- Recruits, interviews, and evaluates prospective employees. Hires, offers personnel development, conducts performance evaluations, counsels employees, takes corrective actions (as required), and approves terminations. Ensures that new employees receive orientation on company policies and procedures.
- Supports pre-contract and business development efforts as required, serving as technical consultant.
- Ensures performance within overhead budgets authorized for the discipline.
- Actively participates in and promotes the Quality Improvement Program. May head a committee within the discipline, striving to motivate and educate the assigned personnel.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Company Industry:||Construction & Building|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|