RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
• Works with engineering on developing and evaluating modularization and pre-assembly schemes.
• Leads the constructability program during the design phase of the project, and introduces.
• modularization concepts where applicable for consideration.
• Propose modifications to engineering.
• Participate in the pre-qualification process for the selection of potential bidders and suppliers.
• Detailed analysis, investigation and technical evaluation of potential bidders for construction.
• Prepare ITB/RFP packages for site services and then lead through the bid/evaluate/award cycle.
• Assemble and issue to site manager a complete set of applicable construction work processes and procedures.
• Recruitment, development and assignment of qualified personnel and/or technical authorities to the construction management team.
• Provide input for risk assessments and job safety analysis as necessary.
• Assists construction leadership in the development of the Construction Execution Plan (CEP), premobilization checklist, staffing plans, construction sequence, construction schedules, and construction estimates
• Serve as the liaison between the field team and the design office during the early phase of the project
• Supports all efforts to establish site temporary facilities to required standards and schedule.
• Working in cooperation with completions group, plus owner representatives, performs system identification and agrees to system turnover sequence
• Establishes and ensures implementation of training and development programs for field based personnel
• Development and implementation of the field material control system to support the
• construction effort
• Reviews major purchase orders to ensure that construction requirements for delivery and constructability are incorporated
• Assess each project’s requirements for heavy transport by road, vessel or barge
• Work with the project to develop a suitable strategy for transportation and handling
• Prepare necessary scope and method statements for issuing to prospective transport service providers
• Assess service provider’s responses and make detailed investigations of method statements, transportation, loading and RoRo plans and make recommendations
• Arrange for surveys and assessments of routes, jetties and port facilities if required
• Provide technical advice and cost estimates to projects and proposals regarding heavy
• transportation, heavy shipping, barging, sea-fastening, handling and load stability.
• Review rigging specifications, lifting plans
• To facilitate safe and efficient lifting operations by personnel and sub-contractors and
• subcontract service providers at all work locations associated with the project.
• Provides reports to site teams on construction equipment deliveries
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Well-developed technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
• Solid technical, practical and leadership experience in the field of safety.
• Should be able to communicate effectively at all levels, from site supervisors to top management
• Practical working knowledge of QA/QC auditing
• Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge and experience of health and safety management systems together with implementing and maintaining international QA/QC standards and compliance.
• A thorough understanding of industrial construction environment and proven supervisory experience in multi-disciplinary teams.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|