ES1247-Corporate Counsel – Commercial
About the Company
The position is for Group 42, located in Abu Dhabi in the UAE. Group 42 is a well-funded start-up, on a mission to build the largest cloud in the UAE and to offer artificial intelligence capabilities. Group 42 is the holding company that houses several companies focused on different domains including healthcare, government and smart cities, finance and commodities, oil and gas, research etc. The common denominator of each domain-related subsidiary is technology, as the group seeks to use artificial intelligence and cloud computing to provide solutions to the UAE government and the other sectors it operates in. This role reports into the general counsel.
Corporate Counsel – Commercial :
· We are looking for a talented and motivated attorney with broad technology transaction experience to lead strategic initiatives that drive scale, automation and growth for the Groip 42 commercial legal function. Responsibilities include: creating Group 42’sout-bound and in-bound commercial, channel and alliance agreements, and ensuring that related playbooks are continuously reviewed and updated to reflect best in class practices and leading market terms that support automation, transactional velocity and scale as well as customer success, while providing necessary protection to Group 42; developing and implementing solutions to address new and evolving cross-functional regulatory requirements (e.g., GDPR, ASC 606); supporting the commercial aspects of M&A transactions and integration efforts; and drive data oriented solutions. This position will also be responsible for developing internal and intra-departmental trainings on these initiatives and other key topics relevant to commercial transactions.
· You will make an immediate impact and contribution to Group 42’srapid growth and success. You will have deep transactional expertise and drafting acumen, have a process orientation, organizational excellence and play an important role in helping develop and scale the commercial legal function for Group 42. You will collaborate with the legal functions that interact with procurement, sales, customer success, legal operations and partner teams..
· To succeed, you will need to be diligent and dedicated, have the demonstrated ability to develop collaborative working relationships with sales and procurement colleagues and various business units. You will be a visionary in new ways to empower the legal team to deliver world class transactional support. You possess excellent business intuition and critical thinking, can perform independently as well as cross-functionally and flexibly in a dynamic team environment, and you know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and with speed. We need someone that is strategic and detail oriented and capable of influencing others; and work successfully in a fast moving entrepreneurial, environment across different functional groups, time zones, geographies and cultures. The successful candidate must be flexible, creative, energetic and smart–shows initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, with a proven track record and relevant legal knowledge base. We need a great lawyer that possesses strong negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, is self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident, has a good sense of humor and a deep sense of humility. Be ready to adapt at all times in a dynamic and exciting environment.
· Create and ensure that Group 42’sout-bound and in-bound commercial agreements and playbooks are continuously reviewed and updated;
· Assess historic commercial transactions and advise on improvements to Group 42’sSales and Procurement agreement templates;
· Collect and analyze data to measure performance and develop solutions to address critical business needs;
· Employ a data driven approach to analyzing the data and information related to our commercial transactions that we are collecting and reporting on, and recommending appropriate changes, updates and new thinking;
· Provide deep knowledge of relevant aspects of existing and developing laws, rules and regulations including but not limited to regulatory requirements such as data privacy/governance, export controls, cybersecurity and government contracting;
· Embrace a global perspective and demonstrate awareness of geographic nuance and requirements, and assist in the company’s global commercial expansion including recommendations and timelines for implementing foreign law agreements.
· Stay apprised of geopolitical and other changes in regulations and laws that may affect the way Group 42 transcts business and advise on anticipated changes required in our commercial templates and transaction delivery as needed to meet Group 42’s commercial business objectives;
· Develop and support M&A diligence and integration efforts related to commercial contracts and transactions;
· Create training content to enable and empower the Commercial legal team on a wide range of agreements for procurement and sales software transactions, chiefly cloud agreements, software licenses and professional services agreements;
· As needed, draft, review and negotiate the above referenced agreements;
· Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs of Group 42’s Commercial legal team with Group 42’s global strategy and priorities;
· Implement strategic initiatives that advance Group 42’s business including Group 42’s priorities and initiatives related to Field Sales transactions and Procurement transactions; and
· Perform other legal responsibilities as requested.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Manufacturing and Production|