Chief Operations Officer. The COO Function is led by Group Chief Operating Officer, and has strategic and operational oversight of; IT, Outsourcing, Underwriting Operations (Middle Office), Project and Change Management, Office Management and Procurement.
Driving rigorous Operational Excellence, Operational Change and Control throughout the company the COO Function is the custodian of this core strategic pillar of strategic differentiation. The company has operations across 70 countries and the role covers the Middle East region with 8 offices.
As the COO you will be accountable for day to day organisation, coordination and reporting of COO priorities, ensuring appropriate levels of stakeholder engagement and troubleshooting of issues. Where required the role will lead on special projects or initiatives as defined by the COO and we are particularly interested in those with transformation and change programs.
The role calls for a sound understanding of the General Insurance sector and key Operations disciplines. It requires outstanding relationship management skills in conjunction with an unrelenting focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
· Drive preparation of strategic meetings including reporting and presentation preparation (Board, Executive, Internal and External communications)
· Actively influence COO strategic priorities and execution approach
· Act as the primary day to day interface between COO Office and other Executive Office teams, ensuring key information is shared and disseminated
· COO Function performance “scorecard” design and reporting
· Trouble shooting issues as identified by COO
· Responsible for developing and coordinating COO Leadership team engagement and strategy days
· COO Function communications strategy, execution and monitoring
· Ensure compliance to Group policies, maintaining an available auditable trail as needed
Skills and experience required
• Solid understanding of all aspects of Insurance industry and core Operations functions
• Extensive project management or PMO experience
• Experience of working with and influencing senior management
• Outstanding capability to interpret and document strategy
• Commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs of both the COO Function and broader stakeholder groups
• Strong communication skills including influencing, stakeholder management and presentation
• Problem-solving/ can-do attitude
• Detail orientated with analytical mindset
• Work at speed given complex and difficult technical situations, with strong prioritisation skills
• Flexible and adaptable to change, able to contribute in an entrepreneurial environment
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Finance and Investment|
|Company Industry:||Insurance & TPA|
|Monthly Salary:||US $30,000|
|Career Level:||Senior Executive|