Job responsibilities and main activities:
- To assist Workshop Manager with any task delegated.
- To carry out all repairs, maintenance and overhauls of aircraft wheels and brakes in accordance with approved documentation and to correct quality standards. ·
- Visually examine materials, structures, or components using tools and equipment such as endoscopes, closed circuit television systems, and fiber optics for signs of corrosion, metal fatigue, cracks, or other flaws. Supervise or direct the work of non-destructive testing (NDT) trainees or staff.
- The Component Technician IV(NDT) is responsible for performing technical/mechanical/inspection functions pertaining to the aircraft components , wheel and brake workshop process or others workshops
- Keeps records to maintain inventory control, cost containment and to assure proper stock levels.
- Operates simple office machines (which may in some cases include computer assisted inventory, automotive equipment, and may operate a forklift or other light equipment used in moving heavy items).
- Performs non-nondestructive inspection (Edy Current, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection on wheels and brakes.
- Conducts receiving inspection of in-coming assemblies/components in accordance with established procedures and technical data.
- Performs disassembly, wash, blast, bearing inspection, paint, build-up, mount, UT bolt tester, air retention, receiving inspection and final inspection and assembly of aircraft components according to customers specifications, airworthiness directives, applicable manufacturers CMM guidelines and operating procedures.
- Manual handling and maneuvering (rolling, lifting) of large aircraft wheels and brakes.
- Maintains proper segregation and identification of components in progress.
- Maintains current knowledge of technical data as applicable to the work assigned.
- Performs painting functions including mixing of primer/paint as well as application of primer/paint.
- Performs general shop and equipment maintenance; practices the principles of the Five S’s by creating and maintaining a neat, orderly work area; identifies ways to remove non-value added steps from all processes and strives to produce products in the least-waste-way.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to continuous process improvement and practices; actively participates and supports process improvement events.
- Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace.
- Provides limited training to other Component Technicians, where qualified.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|