Category Manager – Fresh Food – Ghassan Aboud Group – United Arab Emirates
• Negotiate effectively to obtain best possible purchase prices and promotion deals from suppliers, to strengthen Grandiose offering and to increase profitability.
• Negotiate effectively to obtain the best possible terms and conditions agreement.
• Responsible of the sales and margin of the category.
• Propose and coordinate activities and schedules with suppliers, meet deadlines and objectives for National promotions and in-house promotions.
• Responsible of the assortment including category management.
• Developments of private labels and establish contacts to source them with competitive pricing. Work jointly with Grandiose guidelines and manufacturer, to deliver new products and to ensure the availability of selected products.
• Ensure a well-presented image for all products and insure the compliance with local laws, regulations and guidelines. Hygiene and safety rules should be strictly followed for any product.
• Assist the merchandising manager in formulating a strategy for sourcing and presenting products.
• Highlight seasonal items and coordinate with the suppliers to insure its availability within Grandiose during the season. (Ramadan, Back to school, Eid …).
• Ensure that the items are identified for their price sensitivity, and regularly reviewed to maintain the price competitiveness.
• Responsibility of planogram, sales reflecting and follow-up implementation throughout stores visit.
• Coordinate with Finance department for any supplier issues related to payment or deductions.
• Team work with the Merchandise Manager – and the other departments to achieve targets.
• Report any incidents or irregularities to Merchandise Manager that would affect the business.
• Monitoring stock at distribution centre level.
||Dubai, United Arab Emirates