AMIDEAST Country Director, MENA Region (Specific country location to be determined)
AMIDEAST is the leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities exclusively in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). We offer generous paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% matching.
The AMIDEAST Country Director will serve as the organization’s senior representative in the country of assignment in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, fostering positive relationships with host country government officials, key clients, partners, and donors; and overseeing the delivery of all AMIDEAST programs and services to ensure consistency, quality, and a focus on client requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of operations for the AMIDEAST field office, sustaining the existing program portfolio, and setting the direction for the expansion of offerings and activities. The incumbent must be an assertive self-starter who possesses strong diplomatic and entrepreneurial skills.
Overall responsibilities for this position entail managing office operations and finances, recruiting and training staff, and developing and sustaining a diverse portfolio of programs and services which include educational advising and testing services for students and professionals, scholarship and exchange program services for a variety of sponsors, and professional training services, including core management skills, workforce development skills, English language courses, and test preparation programs.
Description of Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
▪ Coordinates all AMIDEAST activities in the field office and supervises staff and a core team of teachers and trainers supporting programs.
▪ Sets the direction for the sustainability of existing core lines of business and develops new strategies and opportunities for continued growth throughout the country.
▪ Leads all business development activities for AMIDEAST by identifying opportunities in the corporate, governmental, and educational sectors of the country. Maintains client, partner, and donor relationships to position AMIDEAST for new opportunities.
▪ In coordination with Headquarters, develops and writes proposals and prepares budgets for submission to potential sponsors and clients.
▪ Develops an annual work plan and budget inclusive of new business development strategies. Oversees the programmatic and financial implementation and monitoring of the plan and budget targets, and the creation of contingency options.
▪ Administers, coordinates, and monitors the office’s fiscal affairs in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures, and ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to AMIDEAST Headquarters. Functions include overseeing operating, capital, and contract budgets; cash management; foreign exchange; monthly accounting; procurement; and contract management.
▪ Directs the organizational and human resource development of the field office, including setting strategies for hiring, staff development, promotion, salary and job classification structures, and formal staff training and orientation. Creates a learning culture within AMIDEAST and acts as a mentor to staff for on-the-job growth.
▪ Develops and coordinates personnel policies and procedures in conjunction with the Human Resources Director at Headquarters.
▪ Ensures compliance with host country laws related to financial and human resource matters.
▪ Manages the marketing of all AMIDEAST’s products and services, and develops new project ideas. Oversees the creation of all print, online, and social media marketing literature and information in compliance with AMIDEAST’s branding policies and client/donor requirements.
▪ Negotiates lease agreements for all office facilities, manages the establishment and/or build-out of new office facilities, and tracks key dates regarding lease renewals and end dates.
▪ Oversees the preparation and submission to Headquarters of required reports including accurate statistics on field office activities. Prepares briefings on educational, training, and economic developments in MENA region.
▪ Ensures that all required technical and financial reports are submitted to clients, donors, and Headquarters in a complete and timely manner.
▪ Ensures that security, anti-fraud, and risk management policies and procedures are in place at the field office facilities.
▪ Oversees alumni activities for all programs in coordination with Headquarters.
▪ Ensures that formal monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted for all programs and services to determine client satisfaction, learning, application, and impact.
▪ Participates in fundraising, public relations, and outreach activities.
▪ Represents AMIDEAST through active membership in professional business and education associations, and at conferences, meetings, and workshops.
▪ Remains current on changes within the education and training industries through publications and continuing education.
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|