Dubai: The government of Dubai has ranked its services, and has revealed where customers can find the best customer service in the emirate.
Smart Dubai ranked government services for 2017 and based the results on the Happiness Metre, a gauge that measures the level of happiness among Dubai residents.
What is the Happiness Metre?
According to Smart Dubai, the metre constitutes “a roadmap to developing more effective and efficient services in Dubai, as it measures the quality of smart services on offer and detects ways to improve them”.
The results of the metre were calculated by deploying the Happiness Metre devices across customer service centres for both public and private entities in Dubai, as well as through websites and smartphone applications.
More than 8.82 million users voted through the Happiness Meters, which categorised customer service departments into three sections:
- Large government departments, with considerably high numbers of employees, customers and transactions
- Medium-sized government departments
- Private companies
The overall scores were calculated based on the interaction via smart channels, which accounted for 30 per cent of the final figure, in addition to customer votes.
Smart Dubai Office Director General Dr Aisha Bint Butti Bin Bishr, said: “Launching an advanced, emirate-wide instrument to measure happiness echoes the vision of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to make Dubai the smartest and happiest city in the world, which, in turn, are the main objectives of Smart Dubai.”
Bin Bishr pointed out that the ultimate goal of Smart Dubai is to spread happiness across the emirate, and to sustain it.
“We are working to raise Dubai’s happiness score to 95 per cent by 2021, in partnership and cooperation with government and private bodies,” she said.
Happiness Meter’s results
Top 3 large government departments
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, with a score of 83.49% satisfaction
- Dubai Police, at 81.74%
- Dubai Municipality, at 80.77%
Top 3 medium-sized government departments
- Knowledge and Human Development Authority, with an 88.13% satisfaction rate
- Dubai Courts, at 81.99%
- Department of Land and Property, at 81.04%
Top 3 private companies
- AAFAQ Islamic Finance, at 97.8% satisfaction
- Arab Bank for Investment and Foreign Trade, at 97.7% score
- Al Jaber Optics, at 96.6% satisfaction