Wolf Nutrition MENA is looking to hire Sous Chef to run one of its successful concepts in Kuwait. The company is looking for diversifying its offerings and spread across GCC and MENA region, with recent openings in Medina and upcoming opening in Riyadh. The candidate should match the following profile. The role is based at Central Kitchen in Kuwait. The candidates should have knowledge about caterings and bulk cooking, knowledge about diet concepts is an added advantage.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities Are Met
- Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, on a regular basis and taking care of special customer requests.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Baladiya laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Leading Kitchen Operations
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviour’s.
- Maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|