Senior Accountant Duties:
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
Finance Manager Duties:
- Record/Journalize daily receipts and disbursements, and other non-cash transactions of the company.
- Supervise preparation of monthly commission and salary payments.
- Prepare monthly financial statements such as Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Statement of Profit and Loss, Cash Flow Statement, Bank Reconciliation and other required financial reports.
- Analyze and reconcile account balances and maintain its supporting documents and schedules such as Asset Register, Prepayment Schedule, and Schedule of Post-dated Cheque issued, Accounts and Loans Payable, and Cash Advances.
- Monitor the cash standing of all bank accounts and transact with bank on matter such as deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
- Prepare Cash Flow Forecast.
- Prepare Score Card for each Agent.
- Prepare budget and analyze the variances against the actual expenses.
- Supervise and assess the work of staff and direct the activities of the Accounting Unit.
- Create and implement various controls to strengthen the internal control of the Company.
- Prepare communications/correspondences related to Accounting Unit.
- Implement measures for controlling the book closing procedures so that the cycle time for the process is reduced and the quality within the process is improved, with the result the management receives reliable and relevant information on a timely basis.
- Develop and implement a cost accounting system appropriate to the production operations of the company
- Control corporate funds & securities and receipts & disbursements and ensure timely depositing of all money.
- Maintain day-to-day operating contacts with banks and insurance company. Ensure that appropriate letters of credit, letters of guarantee and insurance certificates are obtained promptly so that the operations of the company run smoothly.
- Ensure financial requirement of the company is met by obtaining loans and credit facilities from commercial banks and financial institutions.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|