1. Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position.
Supervisory field engineering position in civil construction methodology, management and application of engineering techniques on major projects including earth-moving, buildings, roads and underground utilities. Responsible for managing the administration and supervision of field civil construction monitoring activities including site-work, structural steel, concrete, masonry pre-cast, roofing, storm drainage excavation and backfill, asphalting, concrete paying, underground piping, manholes and duct-banks. Provides technical guidance and expertise to ensure completion within established budget and schedule, in accordance with design specifications and contractual obligations.
1. Provides guidance to contractors regarding schedule, procedures, scope of work and other information requirements.
2. Plans and organizes monitoring of contractor’s civil work activities. Reviews activities of subordinates to ensure field operations are adequately monitored and all necessary tests and inspections are conducted. Assists in preparing manpower forecasts to ensure adequate staffing for monitoring activities.
3. Develops a close working relationship with contractor. Provides technical guidance in interpretation of specifications for civil work. Reviews job plans, methods, equipment, staffing and productivity and detects potential problems in conforming with established schedules and specifications. Reviews problems with contractor to determine whether actions proposed are adequate for resolution.
4. Reviews shop and as-built drawings submitted by contractor, and coordinates approval of same. Identifies and reports on discrepancies in original design or in contract documents which necessitate contract modifications. Reviews submitted construction, quality assurance and other procedures, and obtains necessary approvals.
5. Coordinates with other departments to obtain required support. Coordinates interfaces between contractors and project management staff when project impacts on other projects. Resolves conflicts in schedules and coordinates tie-ins of facilities where applicable.
6. Recommends approval of schedule changes in sequence of construction activities.
7. Compiles technical data to prepare weekly and monthly reports on project progress, cost and quality control. Conducts or directs facts finding investigations and advises RCM on problems in meeting schedule or specifications.
8. Assists RCM in administration functions and initiates correspondence to contractors and other departments for RCM’s signature. Assume day-to-day responsibilities of RCM in periods of RCM’s absence.
9. Reviews and verifies that items submitted for billing on Work Estimates are justified. Determines percentage of work completed and recommends payment of Work Estimates as appropriate. Advises contractor when not acceptable or of necessary corrective action or additional documentation required.
10. Assists in coordinating the compilation of relevant documentation and the determination of actual events and situations causing contract delays and/or claims, and in evaluating validity of claims
|Job Location:||Yanbu, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Civil Engineering|