Our client is a group of companies within the engineering industry. Their main focus is architectural & engineering consultancy, construction, investments, feasibility studies and retail leasing and retail property management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Our client is looking for a Project Engineer who will be responsible in providing overall technical expertise of the construction project life cycle; directing, coordinating and exercising functional authority for planning, organizing, control, integration and completion relevant to the civil scope of works ensuring safe, reliable and effective performance that will contribute to total client’s satisfaction.
The responsibilities include:
· Be a leader in the execution of assigned projects; supervise team members with the implementation of the Project Quality Standards that is responsive to the policies, procedures and manuals as defined in the contractual agreement;
· Assess and carry out detail studies of the civil scope of works and associated activities, based on drawings and specifications, distribution of available resources and provide guidance to Site engineers;
· Work alongside the Construction Manager towards development of the Construction Execution Plan, work schedules, and deliverables based on the project schedule to ensure objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget parameters;
· Coordinate with PRO to ensure permits & other required legal work are carried out prior to execution of civil tasks at sites and set the targets to complete on schedule;
· Liaise with the client’s representatives to ensure proper and timely involvement and approval of civil related deliverables, as well as a professional and business‐like client/contractor relationship throughout the scope of the project;
· Review approved method statements before the execution of works and provide guidance to civil team members in performing the job with extreme precision and safety;
· Prepare monthly status reports for the project to keep HOD informed of civil construction progress and the status of costs and schedule as related to the budgets and previous forecasts;
· Implement, manage an effective working relations with the site team to ensure that work proceeds without disruption, and maintaining daily communications to ensure the accurate and timely flow of information;
· Perform supervision with precaution and safety awareness and while supervising take the responsibility in ensuring their compliance with the established safety policies and procedures;
· Comply with all statutory requirements connected with the implementation of project and ensure proper handing over of project including transmittal of final documentation to client.
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Company Industry:||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|