The role of the Director of Operations for Leisure, Entertainment is to provide leadership, and operational direction for all L&E concepts across all territories. The role will oversee the implementation of the agreed strategy and lead the operations teams through business excellence and regional expansion.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Strategy, Planning & Leadership
- Supports Majid Al Futtaim’s business expansion and objectives efficiently through the highest standards of customer experience, stakeholder management and cost-effective management of resources, maximizing revenue, profitability, and growth of the businesses.
- Leads the way by engraining global best practices, following the values, mission and vision, and consistently displaying integrity, and developing, empowering and motivating the operations’ team to meet the agreed strategic goals.
- Ensures the highest customer experience and continuous improvements goals are achieved by establishing quality standards including service levels reporting and analyzing service trends to identify and rectify areas of operational improvement.
- Presents the function’s operational and capital expenditure budgets to the CEO for approval.
- Participates in the preparation of Board papers to obtain Board approval for the function that articulates the business goals and investments and develop strategies to enable the achievement of agreed business objectives.
- Fosters innovation by ensuring the function meets the highest international standards, and changes in global industry products, services, technologies, innovations and concepts are incorporated into existing and new projects.
- Delivers the L&E Operations strategy to grow market share and profitability by developing, negotiating, and closing new operations developments and opportunities both in existing and new markets.
- Oversees the L&E Operations, to ensure the integrity, accuracy and effective reporting and data reporting to meet cost optimization and cost reduction targets.
- Directs the development and oversees the implementation of policies and standards so that all relevant procedural / legislative and DOA requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with industry and industry representatives, municipality and government offices, and communities.
- Drives impact by conducting a risk analysis for regional developments, initiatives and new projects and the impact on business as usual, and ensure identified risks are minimized and balanced.
- Ensures the implementation of the MAF L&E HSE management system requirements into their respective businesses.
- Participates in the design of all new L&E sites and refurbishments to maximize profitability and determines the best offerings in market and other premium offers integral to all developments, providing a distinct point of difference and an attractive yield.
- Works closely with the CEO and provides inputs in the formulation of short- and medium-term business plans/strategy for the business to provide world class experience to the customers.
- Monitors revenue activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining L&E objectives and revise objectives to meet challenging targets.
- Ensures current and new L&E Operations policies to all business units’ leaders.
- Supports the development and implementation e commerce applications and websites.
- Ensures that all recommendations or enquires from the internal audit are dealt with appropriately and swift and any shortcomings are improved and negated in the future.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Wholesale & Import/Export Trade|