We are currently loking for Nursing Supervisor to manage for the clinical setting and ensure to provide professional, clinical and managerial leadership to all nursing staff. The Nursing Supervisor will be responsible in providing a patient centered approach in all aspects of care and be able to assess the care needs of patients and develop a programme of care that is evaluated and amended as appropriate.
About the Responsibility
- Accomplishes nursing human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets nursing operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets nursing financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning nursing and staff; following up on work results.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supervise clinical nursing procedures, monitoring and evaluating clinical activity.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records according to local guidelines.
- Promote evidence based practice and clinical guidelines to enhance delivery of effective patient care.
- Ensure appropriate measures are taken within the clinical setting to maintain safety of personnel, environment and equipment.
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are implemented within each department and support staff to act accordingly should additional action be required.
- Act as a leadership figure and highlight any concerns in regards to performance and act accordingly.
- Develop teaching and training programs for staff and aid the professional development of the multidisciplinary team.
- Provide and maintain the highest possible standards of patient care and adhere to Al-Futtaim Health Values.
- Assist in the implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Implement and evaluate individual chronic disease care plans.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of the nursing care platforms, and highlight areas for improvement.
- Assist the team to aid appropriate referrals, discharges and treatment plans.
- Work in partnership with clinicians to manage patient caseloads and provide a consistent patient service.
- Identify, and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing chronic diseases. Provide health promotion to these patients to improve long term quality care (E.g. dietary advice, smoking cessation).
- Follow up any complex cases and review treatment plans as required whilst working in partnership with the patient.
- Liaise and support other members of the multidisciplinary team and other agencies relating to patient care, maintaining good communication channels.
- Be aware of safe guarding policies, both local and national, and implement such policies should it become necessary.
- Recognise and refer patients presenting with holistic health needs, including mental illness.
- Assess clinical conditions, prioritize health problems, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Manage own client caseload including the interpretation of test results and have the ability to act accordingly upon these.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|