• Oversee the implementation of AML / CFT policy, procedure, system and control including risk based approach.
• MLRO ensures the appropriate policy, procedure, system and controls are developed, established and maintained in the exchange to monitor day to day operations for the compliance AML / CFT law and regulations and to assess them periodically. Also to make management review of the same to prevent ML/TF
• MLRO is the focal person in implementing Al Zaman Exchanges AML/ CFT strategies.
• MLRO has free and unconditional access to all customer information and transactions to specify transactions analyse and control effectively
• MLRO support the Board on managing the Al Zaman Exchange’s ML / TF risk
• MLRO ensures the wider responsibility of preventing ML/TF is addressed.
• MLRO ensures the AML/CFT monitoring and accountability
• To receive, investigate and assess the internal STR
• To make STR to FIU
• MLRO is the focal contact between Al Zaman Exchange, FIU, Regulators and state authority in relation to AML/CFT issues.
• MLRO ensures prompt response to information by FIU, regulators in relation to AML / CFT issues.
• Receive and act on government, regulatory and international finding about AML/CFT issues.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the AML/CFT training programmes
• Report to the Board on AML/CFT issues.
• MLRO will exercise all other functions given to him under AML/CFT law and regulation.
• MLRO keep Deputy MLRO informed about significant AML/CFT development.
• MLRO will exercise his responsibilities honestly, reasonably and independently, particularly when receiving investigating and assessing the STR and to decide whether to make STR to QFIU.
• Ensure compliance with existing, new and revised laws and regulations in a timely manner; tracking, monitoring, analysing, and implementing regulatory changes that impact core business and operations.
• Determine the compliance of policies, procedures, and products through self-assessments conducted by the Company and Compliance Department and checklists completed by departmental management/staff.
• Verify that recommended corrective actions discussed in self-assessment, audit, and business reports are implemented and monitored for continued compliance.
• Provide compliance support to staff.
• Establish an internal compliance review (self-assessment) program that will provide an independent review function to:
Assess the effectiveness of policies, procedures, and internal processes in assuring adherence to applicable laws and regulations;
Identify opportunities to reduce operational, financial, legal and regulatory risk; and
Identify opportunities to eliminate inefficient and/or redundant procedures, forms, or to otherwise facilitate Exchange operations
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Banking; Financial Services; Management|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|