Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Contribute to the development of the overall QA/QC strategy by providing the QA/QC related input and plans in line with the overall organizational objectives.
- Develop, enhance and continuously improve the policy and procedures related to the QA/QC across QFZA projects and implement procedures and controls covering all areas of activity to ensure adherence and effective implementation.
- Manage the effective achievement of objectives through setting individual objectives of the team, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and the overall performance.
- Manage operations management systems of QFZA on an ongoing basis.
- Lead and mentor the QA/QC Engineers if and when applicable, ensure the effective implementation of the QFZA’s requirements, systems, principles and objectives.
- Support the development of project QA/QC procedures and ensure that project contract requirements are in line with QFZA’s Quality requirements, objectives and systems.
- Execute QA/QC initiatives and measures across a project ensuring compliance to the QA/QC procedures.
- Assist project process owners in establishing their delivery processes and procedures.
- Ensure consistent implementation of QFZA’s QA/QC requirements.
- Assist in the identification, handling and close-out of quality risks in accordance with the risk management system.
- Ensure that quality of contractor’s products, services and facilities, are inspected and monitored.
- Provide input and support the subcontractor/supplier quality evaluation processes and monitor subcontractor/supplier performance through Continual Improvement process.
- Plan and lead (as necessary) internal and external quality assessment visits / audits. Provide checks of the project’s status of QA/QC implementation. Plan and lead (as necessary), quality assessment visits/audits to suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that site observations/deficiencies and non-conformances are addressed and monitored.
- Make recommendations to correct non-compliances and improve operating procedures.
- Ensure that on-site and off-site sampling and testing are properly performed by the contractor.
- Provide feedback to the Directors & Managers and Discipline Managers, as needed, regarding QA/QC issues that need to be addressed.
- Undertake, as necessary, awareness training in the project Quality Management System, procedures and applications and ensure that all internal and external project staff is trained in accordance with their duties.
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with QFZA’s requirements.
- Assist in the development of the quality management system in QFZA on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the development of QA/QC policies and procedures and ensure that project contract requirements are in line with QFZA’s Quality requirements, objectives and systems.
- Develop project specific QA/QC procedures, templates, metrics and checklists.
- Prepare various site QA/QC reports as required. Provide quality performance data as requested for reporting purposes.
- Coordinate with Project / Construction / Discipline Managers to analyze quality reports and ensure compliance to defined standards in all stages of project.
- Implement corrective, preventive and defect repair actions as decided by Managers in case of variations.
- Communicate as necessary on changes in standards (internally and externally initiated) and on performance against standards. Liaise and co-operate with other Sections and External Bodies (i.e., Certification Bodies, QA section, Government Departments, HSE, consultants, contractors, etc).
- Coordinate and ensure the implementation and capture of Lessons Learned on the project. Coordination Management
- Perform quality control process actions by using appropriate tools such as cause and effect diagrams, control chart, flow chart histograms and Pareto chart.
- Conduct regular follow up with quality consultants and contractors on quality aspects.
- Attend project meetings and represent all quality issues and actions.
- Coordinate closely with all relevant stakeholders to maintain awareness of Quality policy and action Quality management plans accordingly.
- Synergize with the commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality.
- Stimulate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Recommend improvements to departmental procedure and direct the implementation of instructions and controls so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Report to Management on the Adequacy and Effectiveness of QFZA’s QA/QC Management Systems at project level and recommends areas for improvement
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high-quality products/service in a responsible environmental attitude.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|