The Consultant General Internist is a staff member of the Internal Medicine Division. Responsibilities are divided between the outpatient and inpatient services; consultations, admissions and general internal medicine duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Consultant is responsible for providing care for his/her patients (inpatient and outpatient) maintaining a high-level of professional performance in accordance with:
– Professional medical ethics
– Hospital medical by-laws
– Laws of Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
– Providing effective leadership of the department maintaining an appropriate quality plan using measurable performance improvement standards in the field of cardiology.
– Provides patient care within the parameters of their professional competence as reflected in the scope of their clinical privileges for both in-patients and out- patients.
– Practices within the framework of clinically relevant and scientifically valid standards, guidelines and criteria.
– To perform his duties in the cardiology clinic evaluating patients with cardiovascular diseases.
– To provide care to his patients in the coronary care unit, intermediate care unit and other medical wards.
– To provide consultation services to the inpatients in his area of expertise.
– Conducts regular ward rounds on his own and/or as a team to formulate a multi-disciplinary treatment plan.
– Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on his/her patients within the range of the specialty.
– Assessment and referral of appropriate patients under his/her medical care to other appropriate medical facilities as well as accepting referrals of patients with medical problems in his/her field of specialty.
– Participate in the on-call rotation schedule of the department for patient care and admission.
– Responds to emergencies to offer advice and actively participate with problems if required, related to his/her specialty.
– Observes and upholds the patients’ rights of security, confidentiality and privacy.
– Maintains appropriate records of all patients with accurate, timely legible completion of patients ‘medical records.
– Consultant has a leadership role in the organization performance.
– Supervision of duties of assigned junior staff.
– Provides leadership for performance-improvement functions in the process of measurement, assessment and improvement of both clinical and non clinical process as part of the departmental quality plan.
– Active participation in Continued Medical Education (C.M.E.) through educational hospital activities (morning report meetings, grand rounds, clinical tutorials and seminars, journal club, radiology or clinico-pathological conferences). Also, through national and international meetings, conferences and symposia.
– Active participation in training program related to his field and organization within the hospital for training of junior medical staff and in-service training for nursing staff and technicians.
– Continuous update of his knowledge in the medical field as well as continuously upgrading level of skill in his/her field of profession.
– Participation in committee meetings assigned to him/her (Quality Improvement, infection Control)
– Abides by Department Policies and Procedures, as well as hospital by-laws, rules and regulations.
– To carry out any other assignments as directed by Hospital Administration and/or the department head and within the realm of his knowledge, skills and abilities.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|