Responsible for overall management of the Bank’s Trade Finance operation and business, both locally and overseas, including availments, Import and export LCs, Guarantees, Inward and Outward Documentary Collection along with other operation issues.
Formulate annual business development plans in order to identify and develop relationships with prospective customers to maximize market penetration and customer profitability.
• Develop and implement strategies for the Trade Finance business to ensure that the business meets its financial and qualitative business budget targets in terms of market share, volumes and revenues.
• Coordinate with Corporate Banking and International Banking on the Trade sector, both domestically and overseas, in order to capture opportunities for business development in trade finance.
• Ensure adherence of function policies, procedures covering all areas of Trade Finance business so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, including ICC rules and regulation are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective services.
• Review, propose changes and revise policies as necessary. Ensure updated policies and procedures are maintained and adhered to by all staff of the Trade Finance department.
• Oversee the consolidation and recommend the Trade Finance department budget. Monitor performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues.
• Continuously monitors profitability and identify areas were pricing and fees can be improve to meet the budget and profitability targets.
• Manage day to day operations and business of Trade Finance including availments, Import and export LCs, Guarantees, Inward and Outward Documentary Collection along with other operation issues.
• Ensure the promotion and cross-selling of Trade Finance products and services in the Bank to ensure business opportunities are capitalized upon.
• Ensure credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and products offered by other financial institutions and ensure appropriate product development in order to remain competitive in the market.
• Provide support to the Corporate Banking and International Banking with the domestic and overseas relationships, including business advice/customized services for VIP clients.
• Strive to increase the Bank’s share of the customers wallet through regular client meetings and discussions covering products, market and industry developments.
• Develop risks mitigation framework to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirement and with International law set by ICC to protect the Bank from fines/penalties from the Central Bank or legal issues.
• Ensure regular monitoring of local and international markets to capture credit market issues. Provide appropriate advice to the bank in the trade sector and to ensure adequate precautions are available to minimize the Bank’s credit risk
• Manages the effective achievement of Trade Finance departments objectives through the leadership of all sections in the department – setting individual and sections objectives, recruiting qualified staff, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
• Measure performance of individuals and develop KPI’s in order to maximize individual, section and department performance.
• Ensure that all relevant reports of assigned team are prepared timely and accurately as required by the DCEO to meet the Bank and department’s requirements, policies and standards.
• Represents the department and actively contributes in various committees/meetings (internal and external) including Management Committee Meeting, Operation Risk Committee meeting (ORC) and ICC-Qatar, as applicable and per authority levels in order to ensure relevant matters are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Undertake any other duties of similar nature directed by the senior management that are related to the department and are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|