- The Head Chef is responsible for all food production including all items produced for several locations.
- To develop full menus (unique, fresh and healthy) by a skilled, professional and experienced chef.
- Have the ability to manage mentor and train a full kitchen team
- To manage the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen to ensure the company’s reputation for food quality and taste is maintained at all times
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Schedule and coordinate kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is completed in a timely manor and to strict recipes.
- Ensures high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout the kitchen area.
- Evaluates foods products to ensure that company quality standards are consistently attained.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; the Head Chef projects annual food, labour and other costs and monitors actual financial results and takes corrective measures, as necessary, to ensure that financial targets are met.
- Head Chef establishes and maintains controls to minimize food wastage.
- Safeguards all food handlers work practice by implementing training programs to increase their knowledge about safety, hygiene and accident prevention techniques.
- Approves the requisition and purchase of products and other necessary food supplies
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help assures consistently high quality.
- Attend food & beverage staff and management meetings.
- Create detailed SOPs to ensure continuity and consistency which in-turns will ensure high quality of food production. That would include proper staffing as well.
- Interact with the food and beverage suppliers to ensure that food production consistently meets, or exceeds, the expectations of guests.
- The Head Chef will establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- The Head Chef will provide training and professional development opportunities to all kitchen staff.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant|