This is advanced technical work to operate and monitor all systems, including CCTV and Access Control System within the Control Room in a professional and efficient manner. To ensure integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of all information gained by compliance with DSOA policy, whilst preserving the rights of the individual.
Mainly to operate and monitor Control Room System ensuring that all works is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures and DSOA processes.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Employees in this group are responsible to operate, monitor and prioritize all security monitoring systems within DSOA in an efficient proactive/reactive manner.
- Operator must have genuine interest in detection of incidents and also to identify and report non covered area of concern to higher technical staff.
- Responsibilities include operating a computer console and peripheral equipment, with compliance to DSOA Control room data protection policy and regulations subject to the secrecy and confidentiality of information.
- Operator should comply with Operators code of conduct introduced by AHJ and coordinate and assist in the event of an emergency.
- To maintain the provision of information required by direct technical superior and assist in monitoring the CCTV systems and other Security systems for the continuity and admissibility of evidential material in accordance to the DSOA Security requirements.
- Operator should have good local knowledge of areas they will be patrolling that has CCTV coverage.
- Operator should know all the cameras that need to switch to when person, persons or vehicle being viewed leaves the range the camera in use that allows the operator to give accurate directions of travel and locations.
- To be aware of the responsibilities in terms of health and safety, and to identify and report near miss incident through surveillance monitoring.
- Incumbents may devote time to programming applications or customizing the application including Access control and maintaining security information thereby support higher technical staff.
- Employees in this class are responsible for reporting and analyzing faults which leads to rectifications, development and maintenance of CCTV and security system.
- Maintain and update all records like shift register, incident book, system failure log book and manuals for all Control Room systems.
- Must be able to work in a team and responsibilities extends to all Control Room operations. Supervision is received from a technical superior who assigns and reviews work, and assists with solutions to difficult or unusual problems.
- Operator requires to sign a declaration of confidentiality and act fairly, not to discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual or ethnicity.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|